Monday, March 21, 2011

My new cash envelope system

My husband and I decided at the beginning of the year to get on a budget and save for the crazy stuff happening for us over the course of this year.  I've been a fan of Dave Ramsey and his Total Money Makeover plan for a while, and we're implementing a lot of his ideas.  We're trying out a cash envelope systems for a few of our budget categories.  Of course I had to craft them!

When I did a quick search on Etsy for Dave Ramsey-style cash envelope systems, there were so many to choose from!  I ended up getting the Magnetic Cash Envelope Pattern from tresmarias, along with a set of iron on labels.  I got the magnets from K & J Magentics, and I used fabric from the Acorn fabric line designed by Alice Kennedy for Timeless Treasures. 



I ended up making a little pouch for the envelopes with the left over fabric.  It doesn't *quite* fit, but oh well!  The categories I used are: Groceries, Pharmacy, Restaurants, Pet Sitting, Pet Food & Supplies, Hair, Dry Cleaning, Gifts & Christmas, Richard's Fun Money, and Beth's Fun Money.  I also got a Dollars and Cents Memo Book from Staples.  I ripped out the pages and put a page in each envelope to record the activity for each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment