Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mug Rugs

I've seen these little quilts popping up everywhere, and I decided that my sister really needed one!  (Nevermind the fact that since I chose the Bento Box pattern, I'd end up with two.)  I used fabric in my stash: a red rose print, a yellow rose print, and a print with a bird on a branch with colored leaves.  Mug rugs I've seen are usually rectangular, but mine are square because I couldn't cut up these blocks!

Here's the block finished:




(I'm so happy the corners all lined up!)

Here's pictures of the two mug mats finished.  You can see a little of the quilting in the close ups.




I sent these to my sister.  She finally got them yesterday and put them right to use!  Here's an action shot:

In the upper right is a picture of me and Ann when I graduated from Basic Military Training.  In the upper left is a cross-stitch piece that Ann did for this Valentine's Day.  AND...on the mug rug is fresh scones that she baked herself!! And coffee.  Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment